Friday, July 30, 2010

RECLAIMED RUSTICS ~ Old Tins



This will be short since I now have to be up in less than three hours! I really just wanted to get something posted at least for this week.
Anyway, this week's featured item is the old tin. Vintage tins are amazing! They come in a huge variety of shapes and sizes, and, with a little imagination, they can be used for anything. Here are three ways that I use mine - they all happen to be a set. At this ridiculous hour, I'm not going to list all the wonderful uses for tins... I'm sure you could come up with a dozen in the next few seconds if you had to.
As an unusual vase for a pretty flower arrangement.
To hold sewing notions.

To hold vintage ephemera or bits of paper such as stamps, business cards or place cards.

3 comments:

  1. I, too, collect tins and have for years. Isn't it fun to come across them when you aren't even looking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoying your blog so much. i love how you've displayed your vintage tins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have beautiful flowers in your home. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria