Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Deck The Halls ~ The Buffet

In continuation of my holiday decorating, I finished setting up my buffet in the dining room. It's fairly simple and it smells divine.


I bought two rosemary trees ($7) at Home Depot and placed them in tin buckets that I had lying around. The rosemary is so fragrant and adds a different aspect to the usual greenery smell. Underneath, to protect the top of my buffet and to add just a hint of red, I used an old piece of Belgian linen.

A chalkboard added some extra background height and is a clever way of leaving a little holiday greeting for everyone to read. This also doubles as my menu board! I placed three pillar candles from IKEA ($3.50 each) in an old rusty divided tray that I picked up at a local antique shop for $10. It's a really simple but neat piece that is 5 separate little trays all together.

I transferred a little pot of ivy that I had into one of my favourite ironstone pots. The ivy adds a bit of green whimsy.

Finally, to finish off the shelf, I added a few little ironstone pitchers, an old chippy white corbel, a torn edition of Dickens as well as my reclaimed door panel sign.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful touches! I love the frame for your chalkboard and rosemary...oh yes, must pick up a pot or two of that, smells heavenly. Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria