Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Inspirations ~ Pottery Barn


I found myself browsing through Pottery Barn yesterday afternoon. I had flipped through their winter catalogue about 4 times before finally deciding to make the trip out there.
The minute I approached the store I was glad I came! It was transformed (is it ever not??) for the coming holidays and looked gorgeous; elaborate tablescapes, trimmed trees and endless inspiration.
Anyway, I did end up picking out some gorgeous little ornaments from their Vintage Silver collection as well as a few mercury glass bud vases.
Here are some of my favourite pieces though.
A set of three numbered cachepots. They look adorable with little herb pots in them.


Pretty glass bud vases. They would look lovely with little snippets of greenery or winter berries.


These birdhouses are amazing.

I did love this collection of serving ware but I more liked the neat use of twine and letter cards in their display above the mantel.

I also loved all of the mercury glass. There was an entire collection of it; lights, pillars, vases and votive holders. They matched the Vintage Silver ornament collection and would look amazing on a mantle with some greenery.
I thought this advent calender was just too cute. I loved the different fonts on the numbered pockets! It's way too adorable and would be a really sweet tradition!

These German glitter birds were really cute too. They come by the box and have a vintage feel to them too. They would look pretty as vase filler or even tucked in your tree.

This was my favourite ornament collection. There were a few different varieties but they were all vintage-like and mercury glass ~ gorgeous!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Maria,
    Where's the pottery barn again? It's probably right under my nose right? Don't know if I've ever been...
    Laura
    P.S. How do you make your blog look so pretty? I'm trying to work on mine, but it's not going to well yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura!

    Aside from Toronto, the closest one is actually at the Galleria Mall in Buffalo. So you do have to go into the States, but it's a huge mall with lots of shops to browse!

    You can also shop their website online to see what they have.

    And as for the blog, it's a work in progress. I'm constantly trying to update things and I just really enjoy being creative. Part of expressing that creativity for me is blogging and taking photos and sharing things that I've made or am selling. As you get more inspired by fellow bloggers, you start to develop your own blog and it becomes more of a reflection of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the glass bud vases and the glitter birds are beyond beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria