Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Our 3rd Annual Vintage Tag Sale


In hindsight, it's ironic to think that I stared at this chalkboard, with this exact message for the days leading up to my sale.

"In all things, remember to give thanks."

So how does one find thankfulness lying sick in bed, unable to get up the morning of a day that you have spent a year preparing for, and weeks and weeks of countless hours working towards?

By counting my blessings one by one, and feeling my heart begin to overflow with thanksgiving.

Thankful for family that worked so unbelievably hard to do what I couldn't.
Thankful for the ability to have every detail finished the night before.
Thankful for a husband who washed sheets, and made tea and toast, and entertained sick babies so I could rest.

And thankful for each one of you who came out and showed your support, and those who couldn't but sent their encouraging words.

I am truly grateful, and very blessed.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving
Luckily, my dinner isn't until this weekend.

















I feel the need to include the fact that my mother baked 50 of these gorgeous pies the day before the sale! Then she sold out.

I did manage to enjoy a piece of her pumpkin pie the next day. 
It was delicious.


5 comments:

  1. It was a great sale! My sister and her family from Sudbury enjoyed it! The kids all found a treasure to buy!
    And I love the little wreaths! Michelle bought the last 2!

    Great job Marie and your family did an amazing job as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it looks amazing! I wish I could have been there and I hope you are feeling better.
    Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The displays for your sale are just beautiful and a perfect setting in that rustic building. I do hope you're feeling much better...
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could have been there! It looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved, loved, loved your beautiful barn sale. The rustic setting was to die for and my sister and I purchased favorites. She got the white door with the little greenery wreath that we squabbled over.. Sorry that you missed being there, but hope you are much better. Your family were all great. Can't wait for another.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria