Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Sugar-Free, Grain-Free Banana Muffins


I wanted to share with you a recipe I came across for some healthy, but still yummy muffins. They're sugar-free (except for the handful of dark chocolate chips I added) and grain-free Banana Granola Chocolate Chip Muffins. Working in a bakery, as wonderful as that is, it's not so great for one's waistline. These are nutritious and the whole family enjoyed them.

I came across the recipe here.

I used almond butter for my nut butter, maple syrup as my sweeter, and homemade granola and a few dark chocolate chips as garnish. 




The granola is something I make without a recipe. It's oats, unsweetened coconut, sliced almonds, pecans, walnuts, chia seeds and golden flax seeds all thrown on a sheet pan and toasted for about 15 minutes at 400 degrees. While that is toasting, I bring 1/3 cup of maple syrup, a few tablespoons of water, a bit of vanilla and a pinch of cinnamon to boil for a few minutes. Then I pour it over the toasted granola and stir. It goes back in the over for another 10 minutes to crisp up. I let it cool completely before putting it away in my jar. It makes about 6 cups. 

It's easy to switch it up too! In the Fall I add cranberries and pumpkin seeds with Pumpkin Pie Spice to make it more Fall-like.

We prefer to sprinkle it on our Greek yogurt.


Give them a try! They're delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria