Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A Valentine's Weekend


I've been enjoying a lovely Valentine's Day weekend. Yes, a whole weekend.

Willen had a long weekend off of school, and Ryan worked extra hours last week and could therefore take an extra long weekend. So we've had some much needed family time together.

I can't say that we've done much of anything. We spent Friday decorating the house for our little Valentine's party. We thought it would be fun to spend the night in and make the boys feel like it was a special day for them too. Thanks to more wonderful winter weather, I was rear-ended on my way to work on Saturday. I'm very thankful that it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been, but, I decided it was best for me to head back home. We had a nice little get together on Saturday night, and a relaxing Sunday and Monday. Today, Ryan and I are spending the afternoon together.




Willen and Auntie Monica spent the afternoon cutting out hear decorations.



We displayed some beautiful artwork he made at school.


He even made little cupcake toppers for his cupcakes. He later added some cinnamon hearts to make them even more festive.


I made a batch of chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert.


They were so delicious.


We also spent some of Saturday reading through all of Willen's valentines from his friends at school.


And my beautiful bouquet of flowers from Ryan, from Bremfield's of course.



The Myrtle and the Rice Flower makes the bouquet smell so wonderful, as will the Lilies when they are more open.


I hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day.

1 comment:

  1. so glad your accident wasn't worse.....Praise The Lord!
    Thanks for sharing a slice of your life...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria