Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Oh Christmas Tree


It's December first today, and that means that the Christmas season has arrived.


We've cut down our tree, and started decorating the house.



We found a beautiful Blue Spruce at a local tree farm.


It's the tallest tree we've ever had - I think it's 9 feet - something I've been looking forward to since we've purchased our old home.



I've been taking my time decorating it. I love unwrapping the ornaments I've collected and received over the years, finding the perfect spot for each one. I also kept the tree slightly sparse. Just lights, my mercury glass ornaments, pinecones for some contrast and a few tiny clay bird ornaments. Oh, and one Robin's nest tucked on a bough in a slightly bare spot.


Everything is feeling much more natural this year. I selected birch covered pots to force bulbs in, strung pinecones from the tree, and assembled some of my nests nearby, and it all feels quite simple.


I love it, and I can't wait to continue throughout the rest of the house.

Happy December 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria