Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The Family Room Entrance


I thought I would show you the progress we've been making on our family room entrance.


In an effort to keep this as inexpensive as possible, we actually relocated a shelf we weren't using from another part of the house.


It's a very simple shelf with a peg rail across the bottom.



 You can see in the photo where the shelf was. It was in a hallway off the family room, towards the playroom. You can also see it wasn't really being used where it was.

I think when I work on this little hallway, I may use that wall to create a gallery wall of family photos.


We kept it as simple as possible - Oliver's leash, my market bag, a small ironstone tray for keys, a basket for mittens and Willen's backpack when he's home.



Now I just need to sew a simple cafe curtain, and find an old bench.

10 comments:

  1. It is coming together so nicely. I love the wall treatment and your neutral color palette - it looks so very warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful progress, love your designs style, the shelf relocated was a great move, and I am sure more useful.
    Love the wall treatment.
    A home to love.

    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  3. so wonderful; you can make the simplest of things look enchanting and inviting. blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oliver is your constant companion, such a sweet boy. How does he like the new house?
    Deni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little busy being in town, but he's getting used to it.

      Delete
  5. It's wonderful your infos. Thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful room. Anyone who visits will surely adore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love winter white. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a neat room. Everything looks so organize. I love the entrance.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria